Jonathan Edwards pp401 hardcover £14.99 Soli Deo Gloria Publications
This collection of twelve sermons explains the role of the church and its relationship to God. Edwards considers the issues of ecclesiology and membership from a practical standpoint. He also focuses on personal duties in the church. Chapters include The True Excellency of a Gospel Minister; The Necessity of Self-Examination; God Glorified in Man’s Dependence, etc.
Table of Contents:
1. The True Excellency of a Gospel Minister
2. The Warning of Scripture Are in the Best Manner Adapted to the Awakening and Conversion of Sinners
3. The Most High a Prayer-Hearing God
4. God’s Sovereignty in the Salvation of Men
5. God Glorified in Man’s Dependence
6. The Nature and End of Excommunication
7. The Sorrows of the Bereaved Spread Before Jesus
8. The Character of Paul an Example to Christians
9. The Importance and Advantage of a Thorough Knowledge of Divine Truth
10. The Necessity of Self-Examination
11. The Church’s Marriage to Her Sons and to Her God
12. Hope and Comfort Usually Follow Genuine Humiliation and Repentance
For details of how to order, please click here.